Thursday, December 15, 2011

Preparing to go...

     As I prepare to go to Guatemala, I have many thoughts.  I am excited, and terrified, but also think about how much I will miss all of my family and friends.  I'm looking forward to what the Father has for me in Guatemala at Casa de Aleluya and this next chapter of my life.  I read Mike's journal daily as I get it in my email and I feel as if I'm already there.  The way he describes the activities such as graduation, and Christmas preparations makes me want to be there so much.  I already feel a part of the orphanage and am anxious to get to know the children.
     Mike and Dottie, the founders of Casa de Aleluya, have so much on them right now and need your prayers daily.  Just being in charge of almost 500 children is tiring in and of itself but there are other things recently that have taken their toll on them as well.  One of the little girls, a dialysis patient, died a few weeks ago.  The other dialysis patients are scared and Mike and Dottie need wisdom in how to talk to them and help them not to be afraid.
    Please be in prayer for me as I continue to raise funds, looking for churches and Sunday School classes to speak too,   Pray for the Father's perfect timing and my patience in waiting for it.  I so want to be there now but I want what the Father wants for my life more.

Blessings to you all...